Your chance to work at a shipbuilder like no other.
The Damen Shipyards Group is a shipbuilder like no other. Headquartered in the Netherlands with 36 ship and repair yards all over the world, Damen employs over 12,000 people delivering innovative, sustainable maritime solutions spanning the entire lifecycle of a ship, from design and construction to repair and conversion, for all sectors of the industry.
The Division Offshore and Specialized Vessels represents one of the four ship-newbuild domains of Damen Shipyards, alongside Workboats, Yachting and Naval. OSV focuses on selling, designing, engineering, building and commissioning of mid-sized vessels; these are characterized as technologically complex, ETO (engineered-to-order) and built as one-off or in limited series
As Design & Proposal Engineer you translate customer requirements to one of our standard designed Trailing Suction Hopper Dredgers (TSHD) or Marine Aggregate Dredgers (MAD) and make it fit for the specific job by adding options or alterations in the design by CTO. You prepare the proposal package, including technical calculations, specifications, calculate costs and determine the delivery time through close collaboration with other departments within Damen (Research, Engineering, Operations and Sales). In addition, your task is to develop new vessels and optimize our current product portfolio.
In this role you will be:
- Selecting the right standardized vessels which fits to the specific requests of clients, or;
- Designing dedicated vessels in accordance with the criteria of the client, when a standard vessel is not possibl
- Preparing ship designs, specifications, cost calculations and build strategies for sales prospects;
- Providing technical support to the Damen Sales organization during the contracting process, for example by giving presentations or providing calculations;
- Optimizing (standard) designs, in order to lower the price and enhance quality, reliability and the functionality of the vessels;
- Liaising with internal departments (Research, Engineering, Services) and external parties for optimal project results;
- Developing standardized vessels by listening and visiting client to understand their needs and challenges;
- Keeping track of the overall progress in the pre-sales phase;
- Product development and optimization including market research and concept design;
- Setting up a project planning (milestones), calculating supplemental work and cost savings, preparing a list of deviations and other client specific data;
- Delivering support in other product groups within our division OSV.
To be successful in this role you bring:
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture;
- At least five years relevant work experience in ship design;
- You are customer-oriented, flexible and find it a challenge to work on various projects at the same time;
- You have excellent communication skills (preferably in Dutch and English) and can express yourself well in a business conversation;
- You are a team player and like to be the spider in the web;
- Willingness to travel to clients all over the world;
At Damen they understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That is why we continuously invest in your development.
Besides that they offer:
- A dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- A competitive salary;
- At least 40 days of annual leave;
- Travel allowance;
- Pension allowance;
- Professional and personal development through the Damen Academy.
if you are interested in this position please leave your detail by clicking the “solliciteren” button .If you need more information, you can contact us by phone on 085- 0645419 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.